Optima battery

Started by StingRay66, March 07, 2013, 06:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StingRay66

Well after the Grayling trip and the problems I had with the battery I bought a Optima red top today it has top and side posts so I can hook the winch to the side mounts. When I got the old one out the case was melted around one of the post, most likely from excessive winching. I had the old one tested and it was "OK" so I kept it for a back-up later.
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

J's Jeep

Quote from: StingRay66 on March 07, 2013, 06:45:20 PM
Well after the Grayling trip and the problems I had with the battery I bought a Optima red top today it has top and side posts so I can hook the winch to the side mounts. When I got the old one out the case was melted around one of the post, most likely from excessive winching. I had the old one tested and it was "OK" so I kept it for a back-up later.

That falls right into my saying "IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!".
You'll probably be earning a lot of "Jeep Stickers" having that nice new battery when others over winch and drain their battery(probably me).  ;)

gogolen

Awesome Russ, now you need a locker!

StingRay66

That falls right into my saying "IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!".
You'll probably be earning a lot of "Jeep Stickers" having that nice new battery when others over winch and drain their battery(probably me).  ;)
[/quote]

While on the subject of the stickers I was thinking about them the other day and was thinking they should be awarded for comleting certain marked trails or obstacles runs like the ones at outings like Jeep Creep or Jeep Blessing....Your thoughts on this idea?
Russ

gogolen

Quote from: StingRay66 on March 08, 2013, 09:02:18 AM

While on the subject of the stickers I was thinking about them the other day and was thinking they should be awarded for comleting certain marked trails or obstacles runs like the ones at outings like Jeep Creep or Jeep Blessing....Your thoughts on this idea?

That's a great way to make the sticker supply last for YEARS! LOL

StingRay66

Well I won't have to clean a place on my fender for one for a while anyway!!!ha
Russ

naypalm

1 ton tj

i have a yellow top an love it.
wheeling the way of life