hunters

Started by ouchman, October 01, 2007, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepfan1974

http://www.mauser.org/           ok paul i wasnt refering to a 50 cal maybee if i was hunting tanks    but any how this is the link i meant to post
Let\'s go wheeling!

jeepfan1974

Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Aah, much better.  The field grade rifles are usually available at Dunhams for a reasonable price, and 8mm cartridges, especially FMJ, is pretty easy to find too.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

astrogiblet

MAN that is so sweet! I'm gonna buy one.

How hard would it be to learn on that thing? :D

-Brandon

NewRide

Brandon  start with a 22 ... not trying to put you down or anything but its best to start small , thats the way I started my daughter. Like Paul said you learn to breath , gun control , trigger control and you learn not to jump the shot. You get something with a big kick and you will never learn to shoot it right . You will always afraid of the recoil. You can pick up a 22 Ruger for less than 150. After that maybe a .243 or something close to that. After you put a few thousand rounds through it you should be able to shoot anything !@
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

dbikers

Quote from: "NewRide"Brandon  start with a 22 ... not trying to put you down or anything but its best to start small , thats the way I started my daughter. Like Paul said you learn to breath , gun control , trigger control and you learn not to jump the shot. You get something with a big kick and you will never learn to shoot it right . You will always afraid of the recoil. You can pick up a 22 Ruger for less than 150. After that maybe a .243 or something close to that. After you put a few thousand rounds through it you should be able to shoot anything !@
Not to mention that you can shoot a 22LR all day for about $8.00.
Brandon, everyone starts with a 22 (i don't care what they say)...learn good habbits with a gun that's easy to shoot and like tony says, you should be able to shoot anything...
just my .02
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

jeepfan1974

i totally agree i can remember shooting my dads 22 up north for hours and hours   i have shot .50 cal autos full auto aks uzi's and all sorts of other weapons    i still have the greatest memories with that old .22                    
     i would recomend a ruger 1022 they have as many ad ons for those as they do a jeep !
Let\'s go wheeling!

TechJeeper

x2 on the ruger 1022.  The 22 is still one of my most faviort guns to shoot around with.  I really want one of them .17 HMRs, Very little drop.

astrogiblet

Yea.. guess I gotta start finding a good place to get one.. Once I get my Jeep all back together I plan on buying a gun for sure..

-Brandon