tune up

Started by ouchman, October 17, 2007, 05:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouchman

i wanna do cap, rotor, wires,and plugs
any sugestions on plugs? its the 4.0l
i ask cause the suzuki motor in my tracker runs best on ngk,
but my buddies sami runs best with bosch
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

TechJeeper

cheap plugs!  Champion plugs are what I run, the cheapest Walmart sells.  Jeeps dont like expensive plugs.

Be careful not to break the bolts on the rotor, there is a reason mine is being held on by 2 cotter pins and a few zip ties  :oops:

TechJeeper

Champion Truck Plugs. part # 4412 to be exact

Nosilla

X2 on what Cody said.

Mudviper

Yeah.. I have heard also that Champions work best on the 4.0

astrogiblet

x4 on what Cody said. I run them in mine and they are great. I posted a big thread on GL4x4 about this, and it basically came down to don't waste your money on anything more then the cheapest.

I think the champion truck plugs might be a little more expensive (when I bought them Autozone was having a deal on them for 99 cents a piece), but they are supposedly more resistant to issues and better for offroading and all the jazz (hype hype hype).. But I like 'em.

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

I ran all Bosch ignition parts on my YJ, including the Platinum-tipped, split-fire spark plus.  Ran good before I installed them, ran like $1,000,000 afterwards.  Still running all factory components in the LJ.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

yeah i have had the champ truck plugs i a few 4.0's also and they have been great .    thats what is in the wifes zj for the past 3 years now
Let\'s go wheeling!

JEEPSALESGUY

I've always been told by my techs (mopar factory trained) that the champion plug is the best for mopar. I tried a few years ago putting in a expensive plug, but I ended up putting my old plugs (champion) back in cause it ran better!
05 tj 4" procomp lift, 33" mickeys & not enough time to wheel it!

astrogiblet

Quote from: "phittie1100"I ran all Bosch ignition parts on my YJ, including the Platinum-tipped, split-fire spark plus.  Ran good before I installed them, ran like $1,000,000 afterwards.  Still running all factory components in the LJ.

I've heard lots of bad things about the multi tipped plugs. I used the quad tips for a while on my old Intrepid, and didn't really notice any difference. I've had Autozone people tell me everything from those are the best plugs ever, to they will screw up the air circulation within your engine and they will cause decreased performance!

-Brandon