soft tops

Started by tasutt2000@yahoo.com, January 19, 2017, 03:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tasutt2000@yahoo.com

I'm shopping for a new soft top and hadware for my CJ5. Bestop seems to be popular. My question is: vinyl or demim are options, which is more preferred?

Regards, Tim

StingRay66

Vinyl

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

alan6271

I've read an article or two about that and vinyl is what seems to hold up much better.
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

StingRay66

I got a Rampage frameless top for my LJ from 4WD and for an additional $50 I got a 5 year warrantee that covers everything. Last year I tore a side panel while I was take it off. So I contacted 4WD and they had me send them a picture of the damage and a explanation of how it happen and they sent me a new panel, very ease.
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

NewRide

I don't know ... my demim has held up very nicely for the last 11 years ...
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

RoadGrabber

As far as denim (flat) or vinyl (glossy), both have been around a long time and hold up great.  I suggest you get the finish and color that looks best with your jeep paint scheme.  I have had a BesTop black vinyl top on my CJ for over 12 years, no issues.