Adventures with Seafoam

Started by TechJeeper, November 02, 2007, 12:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Okay, so today my dad said his car was ideling rough, I sugested we try seafoam, it fixed my Jeep rough idel.  So we split a can of seafoam.  I do the vaccume hose method every few months, half a can.  I put it in his, then went to do mine, got done and shut em down. Waited the 15 minutes, started my dads car up, tons of smoke, idel high then smoothed out.  

Went and started my Jeep...  started it up and I heard a "tick tick tick" like a loud electrical arc jumping.  I start feeling the plug wires near the block and I could feel the tick in the plug near the firewall.  I shut the Jeep down, pull the wire, noticed the tip of the wire was actualy slightly melted, I thought WTF.  I then go to pull the plug, it was loose!  The plug was scorched, entire thing was black.  The part that was original white had a big crack in it. Went to Adanced Auto bought a set of new plugs, and got new wires (lifetime replacement ftw).  

Started my Jeep up, no tick, went for a drive, and despite the tons of smoke from the Seafoam I had forgot I put in, I could notice a HUGE differance in performance!  So, a 3 cylinder vehical can turn 35s :-P.  I should get better gas milliage.

astrogiblet

lol! Cody you have some amazing things happen to you! :P

Good to hear you got it all fixed up though. I need to Seafoam my Jeep again..

-Brandon