Rear Axle Shaft Swap Wrenchfest...

Started by TechJeeper, October 22, 2007, 01:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

So, who is up to helping out maybe midweek or something (another downside to working weekends...) to swap out my rear axle shaft on my TJ...  I am not sure how to do it, but I posted on GL and it seems pretty straight foward...  Remove the dif cover, remove the break drum, push the axle into the differential, remove the c-clip, remove the axle...  Does this seem pretty complete?  I talked to my bro today and I guess they need the car back next week... but I can always use my parents car, although getting my jeep back on the road would be cool because its sitting in my back yard right now :-P

Thanks,
Cody

jeepfan1974

it is a easy swap,  pretty much just like you listed
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "Gr8archer"So, who is up to helping out maybe midweek or something (another downside to working weekends...) to swap out my rear axle shaft on my TJ...  I am not sure how to do it, but I posted on GL and it seems pretty straight foward...  Remove the dif cover, remove the break drum, remove the cross shaft in the carrier, push the axle into the differential, remove the c-clip, remove the axle...  Does this seem pretty complete?  I talked to my bro today and I guess they need the car back next week... but I can always use my parents car, although getting my jeep back on the road would be cool because its sitting in my back yard right now :-P

Thanks,
Cody

Fixed it for you.  It will take you longer to reseal and refill the diff than it will to swap the shaft.  I can't help tonight or Thursday night, but the rest of the week looks good.  Let me know.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

ouchman

when? where? :D
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

astrogiblet

I'm down. Let me know a place and time!

-Brandon

Mudviper

I could help, but I am only open on the weekends :(

TechJeeper

Got it fixed already, the insurance "missed a number" on the check and so when they next day'd the right one.  I do however have to figure out how to install trackbar brackets... I know it requires drilling... lol.

Thanks for the offer everyone.

astrogiblet

Missed a number? WTF?

-Brandon

longarm

My garage is always open Cody.  I don't have power tools though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."