Need a steep hill that leads to water...

Started by TechJeeper, November 21, 2007, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Sooooooo!  Tonight in advantures of Cody and his Jeep... The story starts off with me going down I69.  While going down I69 I hear and feel a clunk... I think to myself "great, the clutch again!"  I get to the side of the road, the clutch worked fine, went to start it and "urrr uurrrrr"  nothing.  I then get out, start looking around and down on the ground was some good ol' black gold! I crawl under to find a downward divit with a small hole allowing oil to leak out of my oil pan.  I call neil, then get ahold of Chris.  Chris brings his truck and pulls me home.  

Matt was with me and while we were standing in the freakin cold rain a white truck stopped, it was JeepFreak from GL4x4.  He noticed the stickers, turned around and let us sit in his truck till my dad arrived, I love the offroad community!  Thanks Brandon, Neil, Jason (JeepFreak) and special thanks to Harley for comming out from Davison to pull me home.  

On a side note, I got my drums done today!  Thanks to Matt for helping me with it in the freezing rain.

Sooooo what could it be?  Everyone I have talked to so far thinks I blew a rod... Should I be looking for a new 2.5L to swap it??? Just in time for xmas... lucky me!

Mudviper

Do you have any oil in your crankcase?

TechJeeper

after it happened, on the side of the road i checked my dipstick and there was still alot of oil.  It shut off right after it did it and i coasted to the side of the road.

Nosilla

Sounds like a rod to me. Maybe time for a chevy power plant??

ouchman

Quote from: "Nosilla"Sounds like a rod to me. ??

x2 :cry:  :x
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

jeepfan1974

they are prone to thrown rods the second rod from the front most the time it opens the oil pan like a can opener
Let\'s go wheeling!

94_xj_country

Quote from: "Nosilla"Sounds like a rod to me. Maybe time for a chevy power plant??

cody i got one, needs a rebuild, but if your feeling adventorous it may be sweet
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

NewRide

if it is shot go with a 304 or something ... maybe even a 360  :lol:
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

longarm

V8 fo sho!   :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Anonymous

Got a 440 in the barn :twisted:

jeepfan1974

440 is a tight fit i was going that direction steering gearbox is way close the custom headers stopped me the were going to be like 600.00 plus the ceramic coating the steering shaft had to go in between the header tubes i have only seen one done it was sweet would pull the front wheels up from a 20 mph roll
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

I offered 12 times to pull Cody's Jeep the 2 or 3 miles to his house, but noooooo my Jeeps not good enough to pull him! :P

-Brandon

TechJeeper

Quote from: "astrogiblet"I offered 12 times to pull Cody's Jeep the 2 or 3 miles to his house, but noooooo my Jeeps not good enough to pull him! :P

-Brandon

No... wrapping the towstrap around your bumper is not good enough to pull my jeep, and it isnt very safe, get it right.

astrogiblet

Um.. I've been pulled out many times by that bumper, even once when I fell into a hole in the woods that was up to my rear window.

I've also pulled several people out of mud with that, including a Land Rover that was stuck up to its axles in mud.

Pulling your Jeep, on road, which requires almost no effort whatsoever, is not a big deal. Standing still, I can push my Jeep with the t-case in neutral and it will roll about 10 or 15 feet... So I'm guessing I could pull another Jeep on the road even if my bumper was plastic.

-Brandon

Nosilla

Not that you couldn't Brandon, and not that the bumper hasn't held up. It only takes 1 time for things to go wrong is all.

I would have had no problem going out of my way that night to bring the trailer out and do it right.