'99 GMC Yukon wont start

Started by NayPalm, January 02, 2008, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naypalm

Yep, My dad went out this morning to move the yukon onto the grass so he can plow and it started like normal. But afterwards when he went to move it back, all he could hear was clicking and the buzzer freaking out.

When I got home later I checked it out and it's acting like the battery is about to die, but when tested, it seems fine. I put on my jump-start battery just to see if it was the battery, but its doing the same thing.
The clicking noises that my dad heard are apparently all the relays and buzzers under the dash all clicking on and off randomly with the key turned or without the key.

Not quite sure what else I could do but I'm thinking this might be a job for church and sons.

naypalm

Another thing; When I flip on 2 or more lights inside, the relays seem to freak out alot more that with no lights on. When I turn on the hazards along with the inside lights, the clicking stops and the overhead lights turn off.

Seems like a dead or dying battery but my jump-starter should have done something if that were the case. Unless somethings really effed up.

94_xj_country

if it was just clicking i would say starter or alternator depending on the click, but if your lights are freakin out i dont know. i have to jump my 01 silverado every morning, thats just cause it a high milage p.o.s. though  :lol:
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

naypalm

Yeah I told em to get it fixed at church and sons then sell the thing.