WJ Lift

Started by Yager, February 19, 2008, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

Hey, I'm throwing around the idea of lifting the WJ, but I don't want to pay out the crack for a huge lift. I'd like to get 31's on it, to make it capable of off road for my wife, but the only thing I can find for a reasonable price is 2" coil spacers, and I don't think that'll be enough lift to go from stock to 31's. Also, I concerned with some of the higher lift heights that it'll seriously impact highway driving, like death wobble. I'm still under power train warranty. Any suggestions?
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Yager

So, I did some personal research. This is what I have...

With a 2 in spacer lift, I can squeek 30s, maaaaybe 31s in there.

If I don't get offset rims, there'll be rubbing, lots of it.

Confirm, deny, helpful hints?

nick_n_ii

That sounds about true, the rubbing is fixable with some vary mild trimming of the Rubber bumper covers though...
"Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut.."

Nosilla

I had a 2" spacer with 30's with no rub on stock wheels. If you did 31's you would just need to trim a little is all.

Yager

Good to hear. I really can't see me trimming the 04 myself, the fenders are sheet metal and rolled for a smooth look. Might just have to settle for 30's.
31's typically come 10.5 wide, can I squeeze those on stock rims or should I splurge for offsets?

Nosilla

you can get a 9.50

Yager

I've found on JC Whitney, a Rough Country 2" suspension lift for under 200 bucks, and a 2" Tough Country for under 200 bucks. Anybody have an experience with these budget lifts on newer Cherokees?

Nosilla

spacer lifts are all about the same. I kept the stock shocks with my 2" lift and it was fine but it never really did any serious offroading. If you replace shocks get good ones then. They make a huge change.

Yager

Okay, so let's say I go with the 2" suspension lift. Comes with everything I need except shocks. Springs, all the mounting hardware, etc. Do I need to get new shocks? And if I do, should I just get ones two inches taller than the ones I have?

Nosilla

yes 2 inch longer ones is what you will need then.