Wheel bearings

Started by NayPalm, March 17, 2008, 11:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naypalm

Took my heap to church and sons to have em check out the wheel bearings. They wanted 240 per bearing including tax and labour.
Turned out to be 480 + 20 + 130 = $630...

I'm sticking with doing it at home. I'm sure my $63 ebay bearings will do fine  ::woot::

94_xj_country

matt they are simple, i could do them on my cherokee in under 20 minutes. if you need a hand let me know. good price you got too, they're like $100 a peice at murrays  ::woot::
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Anonymous

atta boy Matt..........  Put it to "the man"   :mrgreen:

Mudviper

Are these the front or the rear bearings you are replacing?

TechJeeper

Front.

naypalm

Right's all done, gunna do my left maybe this weekend.

Thanks a TON for ur help Cody, especially since this dam cold's killin me!

Anonymous

Don't know why you didn't call?!?!  Barn is nice and warm.

naypalm

Yeah I shoulda.... I was too excited and picked up Cody and started on the passenger side. I might need you for my driver side tho! I'm thinking maybe this coming weekend! ::woot::

naypalm

Yep, both sides are now done. Woot!
Tho This morning i was hearing an odd squeak in my rear end that ill need to take a look at later on tonight. Im thinking the shocks since it only made the noise when hitting speed bumps.

Nosilla

Possible rear drive shaft u joints.

NewRide

Quote from: "Nosilla"Possible rear drive shaft u joints.
x2
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

naypalm

I looked at and and hopped up and down on it last night, and never heard it do it again. It was probably somone elses car driving behind me or somthing  :|

Nosilla

I still say u joints.

94_xj_country

x2, have you ever done them in that jeep? better to get them out of the way before you get stranded
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

naypalm

Nope i havent. How hard are they to do?