On Board Air

Started by TechJeeper, May 26, 2008, 04:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

So, flipping through the Harbor Freight Circular this morning I noticed they had their high volume 12v compressor on sale, 49.99, regular 69.99, it was the one I had been looking at for a while, ITEM 93186-7VGA.

So I decided to print off my 20% coupon with no expiration date (actually I had Doug print one since my printer is out of commission, lol, thanks Doug!).  This brought the price down to 39.99.

(Just print it out and take it in)

I then took the base off of it, found a place under my hood to mount it, hooked it up, and I was surprised at the output of the little compressor.  

My future plan is to get a 7lb air tank for it, that way I can use air tools on it and it would be even quicker to fill tires.

I will post more updates as I get more for my budget electric OBA setup.

Thank You,
Cody

ouchman

::woot::  ::woot::  ::woot::
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Mudviper

Very nice

diablosjeep

That is a awesome deal for OBA. Post updates with the tank when you do it. I would really like to see that, and hear how it works out.
RED Jeep Club member #666

jeepfan1974

cody you could probably use your rear bumper for a air tank it is sealed and it wouldnt be very high psi so i wouldnt worry about it bursting upon impact
Let\'s go wheeling!

Yager

Sweet deal man. You inspire me to jeep accessory greatness.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

TechJeeper

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"cody you could probably use your rear bumper for a air tank it is sealed and it wouldnt be very high psi so i wouldnt worry about it bursting upon impact

I was thinking about that, but the way I want to set it up, I will be able to take the tank out and let other people use it wile still using my compressor to fill my tires.

Yager

Ah, then if you want a mobile bumper airtank you'll need a number 45 torx bit and a big ratched with you all the time, ;)

94_xj_country

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"cody you could probably use your rear bumper for a air tank it is sealed and it wouldnt be very high psi so i wouldnt worry about it bursting upon impact

i've heard that bumpers are not allowed to hold compressed air on the road
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Yager

I imagine they are not, but he could pressurize the tank prior to using it, should only take a few minutes.

4x4x4JK

I got one of these to use on Drummond.  Have you tried it yet?

jeepfan1974

Quote from: "Yager"I imagine they are not, but he could pressurize the tank prior to using it, should only take a few minutes.
yupb i was kinda thinking something like that     although it would take alot to puncture a bumper made of 3/16 steel
Let\'s go wheeling!