Liberty down for the day

Started by jeepsR4Girls, June 16, 2008, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepsR4Girls

Well the lil Liberty is in the shop for the night  :cry: Last week it overheated on my way home from work. Got it home and my brother in law said it was the fuse, so off to the store I go.  Today I go to get in it to take it in for a a couple of other reasons, and it didn't start!! The battery was dead. Well Ed and I got it going and off we go. After working all day we went to go pick it up and the shop manager comes to say that it's not done because when they were letting run after a while it started over heating again.  Well moral of the story it comes to I need a whole new fan, they changed the spark plugs since 2 were dead, a new throttle body ( or something like that.) and they took off all my skid plates because of all the mud packed into them and found out that one was pushed up into the exhaust and bent to no end, bolts were rusted and a whole mess. Well I update you tomorrow with the final results of it all.  I think we should be good to go for a while now.

94_xj_country

welcome to wheeling, trail damage  ::woot::
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Nosilla

Quote from: "94_xj_country"welcome to wheeling, trail damage  ::woot::

x 11 billion :)

Paul Hittie

Yeah, we probably "forgot" to let you in on all of the true secrets of what happens when you play with your DD.  Hard.

Did I ever tell you about my $1600 track bar last fall??
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

Quote from: "phittie1100"Did I ever tell you about my $1600 track bar last fall??

Please tell us about this. I'm curious now.

Paul Hittie

Steering wheel wiggles LRLRLR at 48-52mph.  Balanced tires, aligned front end.  Still there.  Pulled apart the front end, track bar bushing bad at the axle.  Bought one from Quadratec plus track bar bolt, replaced it myself.  New alignment, still there.  Mr Front end next, rebalances, realigns, new steering stabilizer, still there.  LRLRLR becomes HOLY $*%% DW on the way home.  Mr Front End x2, new track bar and welded washer.  They suggest rotating tires again - I was tired of dealing with Sam's Club, so off to Discount Tire.  Darwin rotates and rebalances, but he thinks the tires look and feel goofy.  But not goofy enough to warranty them and get a new set, but he suggests increasng psi per the chart - 35psi.  Drove like a truck, and after a couple thousand miles LRLRLR is back.  Took it to RBR Offroad, told Ryan the history.  He pulls the track bar, the axle-end bushing was shot.  Again.  He calls me and asks me to stop in - R ball joints have play, R axle U-joints are sloppy, brakes are fried.  Pulled rear brakes, found 2 leaking axle seals.  I told him to fix it like his mother drove it (Deb was still driving it at the time).  He also changed my alignment setting from -1/8 to +1/8 - said it helps avoid the tires following the cup in the road, and still technically within factory specs.  $1600 later, he is done.  On a vehicle with 50,000 miles.  Actually the $1600 was after all of the trips to NW Tire and Mr Front End.

BTW, guess what came back last month?  LRLRLRLR
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

M y square headlight has never done that  ::poke::  ::poke::
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

naypalm

Mine neither. I dont do nuthin tho. I baby my DD.

jeepsR4Girls

I got the Jeep back today. Runs great now. The other thing that was wrong was something with the pinnions. Gald to have it back, and ready to go test it at Silver Lake.

Nosilla

Question is....Does it fly like a JK????

Yager

Wow.. I'm all about rocking out, but I'm not sure I'd want to get that nasty with the DD... There is a chance that I bashed the transfer case on the WJ a few months ago, I couldn't get it out of 4x4. I managed to work it out, and havn't put it back in 4x4 yet. I'm too skeered. ::ouch::
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

longarm

Paul forgot to mention the huge expense of all the flowers he had to get Deb to say he was sorry for hurting her LJ.   :mrgreen:  ::poke::
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."