Leaf springs.

Started by Nosilla, June 09, 2008, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosilla

I need a few thoughts on how to get the bolts out for my leaf springs. I have tried heat and that doesn't seem to be working.

Mudviper

Only couple of things that come to mind are to burn the rubber bushings out and then replace the bushings and sleeves or press the sleeves out of the bushings along with the bolt and replace the sleeves with new ones.

Are the leaf spings still attached to the vehicle?

Nosilla

Yes still in the vehicle. I have new springs. They have new bushings and sleeves in them.

I talked to Harley and i think i am gonna have to just cut the bolts and replace them.

Mudviper

Yeah.. what I was about to say is to just cut them if they are still on the vehicle... what kind of vehicle are they on?

Nosilla

95 yukon

Paul Hittie

If everything is that rusty, I vote for a cutoff wheel too
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

get a bigger hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :mrgreen:
Let\'s go wheeling!

Major Mud

2 words.......red wrench

Nosilla

Paul you know i am using the biggest hammer i have.

Well i got 1 out. I was hoping not to kill the 1 bushing but i gave into the torch. I got some of those tungstun blades and it was taking way to long so flame on i thought.

Heck i can probally get those 2 new bushings for the price i payed for those blades. ::ouch::

jeepfan1974

yup you know i would have torched them too!
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "Nosilla"Paul you know i am using the biggest hammer i have.

Never gonna let me live that one down are you?  :lol:
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

Sorry Hittie. That was ment for Paul P. Cause he says that i always use the biggest have i can find for stuff.

Nosilla

Problem fixed.

jeepfan1974

well its about time!! ::poke::
Let\'s go wheeling!