Additional Passenger in YJ Ideas

Started by Yager, June 14, 2008, 08:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

Alright, so I've got a few ideas on how to retain the YJ and get more small riders..

Idea 1: Move the rear seat forward eight or so inches, install a jump seat, horizontal to the vehicle, like found in the old rangers.

Idea 2: Move the rear seat REALLY far forward and try to cram another YJ/CJ seat back there..

Of course, all would have seatbelts.. My concerns are, would this be legal? (mitch?) aand, does anyone have any better ideas other than liquidating jeeps and buying a new unlimited?
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Yager

I'm just going to have to buy a new jeep me thinks...

94_xj_country

Quote from: "Yager"I'm just going to have to buy a new jeep me thinks...

kinda sounds like it, too bad ehh ( ::woot:: )
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

jeepfan1974

get a 91 and up xj and cut the roof off
Let\'s go wheeling!

Yager

I have a 89 XJ. Might cut part of the roof off just for fun.  ::Jeep:: I already chopped the fenders to fit my 31's without a lift incase I fail to get the YJ running by friday.. Only problem is the XJ needs lots of brake work, and 31s will reduce my stopping power to nil, which is both unsafe and kind of appealing.. I'll be the guy flying all over silver lake screaming I can't stop!

94_xj_country

Quote from: "Yager"I have a 89 XJ. Might cut part of the roof off just for fun.  ::Jeep:: I already chopped the fenders to fit my 31's without a lift incase I fail to get the YJ running by friday.. Only problem is the XJ needs lots of brake work, and 31s will reduce my stopping power to nil, which is both unsafe and kind of appealing.. I'll be the guy flying all over silver lake screaming I can't stop!

not to burst your bubble, but if you cut the top off your xj without a tied in cage, your xj will fold in half
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Yager

lol, that's kind of funny.. yeah, I figured the roof supports run through the b and c columns. Buuuuut, I can cut the rear part of the roof off near the furtherst back windows and turn it into a four seater mini truck. fab up a half assed roll bar back there and throw a soft top on it.

jeepfan1974

yeah i guess i left out the cage part
Let\'s go wheeling!

Herezja

Quote from: "Yager"lol, that's kind of funny.. yeah, I figured the roof supports run through the b and c columns. Buuuuut, I can cut the rear part of the roof off near the furtherst back windows and turn it into a four seater mini truck. fab up a half assed roll bar back there and throw a soft top on it.

Either JP or 4Wheel & Offroad did an article a couple of months ago about installing a rag top sunroof (full length) in a Cherokee. You would still have to reinforce, but it might work for you. Other than that, you could always lenghten the frame and body of the YJ...but jeez, you might as well go for the 4 door before all that work. Although, it might make a fun project  :mrgreen:

Paul Hittie

I wish I had a photo of it, but one of the Two Trackers has a YJ that has "grown" with his family - stretched wheel base, custom tub to yield 3rd row seating!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

bring a check book and drop it of at our shop  :D
Let\'s go wheeling!