Name our Last Sunday in February run 2018!

Started by Paul Hittie, January 03, 2018, 02:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

For those that don't know me, I used to be a full time tax guy, and typically worked Jan-Apr each year like a friggin idiot.  Nine years ago, after my first SnoFari as a trail leader, I decided to get together with some friends and play in the snow on the last Sunday in February.  We had a great time, I enjoyed the day off from work, then went back to work for another six weeks without a break.  Over the years the event moved around, gathered some friends new and old, and eventually became an official run on the club calendar.

Fast forward to 2018 - I am no longer a full time tax guy although I still do some tax work on the side, but not at anything near the pace and intensity of the "good old days".  Each year after the first, we have come up with some little tag for that year - Take 2, v3, IV, Episode 5, etc up to "The Ocho" last year named after the silly TV station in the movie "Dodgeball" (ESPN8 - The Ocho!).  This will be our ninth run on the last Sunday in February, and it is time for a new name.  You the potential participants need to pick a clever name for our ninth run, no repeats allowed.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Paul Hittie

Quote from: Paul Hittie on January 03, 2018, 02:23:48 PM
For those that don't know me, I used to be a full time tax guy, and typically worked Jan-Apr each year like a friggin idiot.  Nine years ago, after my first SnoFari as a trail leader, I decided to get together with some friends and play in the snow on the last Sunday in February.  We had a great time, I enjoyed the day off from work, then went back to work for another six weeks without a break.  Over the years the event moved around, gathered some friends new and old, and eventually became an official run on the club calendar.

Fast forward to 2018 - I am no longer a full time tax guy although I still do some tax work on the side, but not at anything near the pace and intensity of the "good old days".  Each year after the first, we have come up with some little tag for that year - Take 2, v3, IV, Episode 5, etc up to "The Ocho" last year named after the silly TV station in the movie "Dodgeball" (ESPN8 - The Ocho!).  This will be our ninth run on the last Sunday in February, and it is time for a new name.  You the potential participants need to pick a clever name for our ninth run, no repeats allowed.
How do we feel about Rocks and Valleys this year?  I have a call in to Ron to see if they are available

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yellow TJ

It's your run Paul, but I prefer the trails.

J's Jeep

R&Vs works for me.   Haven't had a "R&V fix" in a while.

Ken

Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

LPM606

Paul Hittie

Dave wouldn't post his suggestion out of concern it was in bad taste, but I will do it for him:  Last Sunday in February "99" (hits the #9 year of the event, plus the 99% blockage of my artery that led to my MI).  OK, I thought it was funny...

Yellow TJ

Dammit Paul, nobody was supposed to know I might know the difference of good/bad taste!lol

alan6271

Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

Paul Hittie

That is a good one too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chad149

'04 WJ 4" long arm 33" Goodyear MTR
    F.O.R. Bumpers, rock sliders and Warn winch
'15 JK  4" BDS 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ

Ken

Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

StingRay66

Something "Daytona" it is always the same day as NASCAR's Daytona (first race of the year)

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

Paul Hittie

Quote from: Paul Hittie on January 05, 2018, 09:53:34 AM
Dave wouldn't post his suggestion out of concern it was in bad taste, but I will do it for him:  Last Sunday in February "99" (hits the #9 year of the event, plus the 99% blockage of my artery that led to my MI).  OK, I thought it was funny...
Because I am always a smart alec, especially when itmcomes to life events that should totally freak me out, I am going with Dave's irreverent ....

Last Sunday in February "99"!!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk