Lazy guy update

Started by Paul Hittie, August 10, 2016, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

I have to admit, I have been doing it a lot more lately...I took my Jeep over to our favorite local mechanic to see what was wrong with my Jeep instead of trying to replace my catalytic converters myself.  But at the end of the day, he had a source for a less expensive aftermarket part which including installation was less than what the part was going to cost me.  Now back to replacing my springs and control arms.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

StingRay66

The list of things I need to do to my Jeep is getting long these days. When you said control arms it reminded me I have a set of rear upper bushings that I've had about 2 years, and I need to put them on soon I think it will cure the slop when braking at slow speed. I also am going to get a fuel pump from Scott G that he didn't use and I believe that while the gas tank is out it would be a good time to do the bushings. I also found a place in Redford to get stock front fenders for about $80 each so now that mine are full of rust holes its time to change them. But all this is after my son-in-law gets the timing chain changed on his F150 and I get the engine swap done in the 2003 Grand Cherokee for my step son. We are going out there next weekend (19th) and trailer it back. He got it for $350 but they want over 6K to fix it out there so Leanne and I will go out get the GC attend our grand daughters 3rd birthday party and come home on the 21st. Wish me luck!!
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

LPM606

Russ I can always work a day down in the Detroit area and duck over to redford to pick up the Fenders if you need me too, better than having to make a special trip...

StingRay66

Russ

Paul Hittie

Russ did he have just a single pair, or is he sitting on a few?

StingRay66

no I only have one set of upper rear poly bushings if you want to use the ones I have and get some to replace them I won't be doing them for a few months.
Russ

Paul Hittie

LOL I was referring to the fender guy