Parent's New Ride

Started by TechJeeper, September 10, 2008, 06:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

So, my parents have been w.o a car for a while, borrowing my brothers.  They had a chevy cavaleir that was a lemon from the second it rolled off the lot...

My dad had been talking to one of his friends who is a mechanic and also deals cars a bit.  He called my dad with a car that the family of a doctor who had passed away wanted to get rid of.   Basically stole it because the family wanted it out of the garage.

Its a 1976 Lincoln Continental Town Car with 70k miles, garage kept and my parents are the second owners.  Body is in good shape, one spot of rust on the front fender, and we have to fix the vacuum line for the flip up headlights, easy enough.

It's a tank, you sit like 6 feet from the front and like 8 feet from the back, lol.  

Should run forever and it will be a nice project to keep my dad busy.

94_xj_country

that is a frigin beauty, bring it to the next meeting i wanna see that pimp car. is it a 460?

we bought a '74 linocln mark IV acouple years ago with the intention of flipping it at an auction. it had 600 original miles, gold with gold velour interior
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

naypalm

Looks good!! Im glad they finally found something! ::woot::

Paul Hittie

Wasn't the '74-'78 body style The Longest passenger car ever produced?  Those things are HUGE.  If I remember right the '74-'78 sedan was even longer than my parent's '83 Crown Vic WAGON.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

94_xj_country

Quote from: "phittie1100"Wasn't the '74-'78 body style The Longest passenger car ever produced?  Those things are HUGE.  If I remember right the '74-'78 sedan was even longer than my parent's '83 Crown Vic WAGON.

i'd buy that. the 2 door '74 mark 4 we had was easily as long as my dad's late model crown vic, if not longer
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

TechJeeper

"The car measured 233.4 inches, about 19.4 feet (5.92 m), and weighed between 4500-5300 lb (ca. 2050-2400 kg) depending on the year. After General Motors downsized its big cars for 1977, these Lincolns were some of the largest cars on the market, surpassed only by Cadillac's Fleetwood 75 limousine."

source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Co ... 970_-_1979

jeepsR4Girls

It is a BIG car. My dad had the 1975 in Gold. He gave it to someone when he moved to Arizona. Now I think it sits in a junk yard somewhere :(

Mudviper

Quote from: "phittie1100"Wasn't the '74-'78 body style The Longest passenger car ever produced?  Those things are HUGE.  If I remember right the '74-'78 sedan was even longer than my parent's '83 Crown Vic WAGON.

If I remember right, and I could be wrong, that the 76 Cadilac Eldorado convertable was longest car produced.

jeepfan1974

you need to get dad a big pimp hat                  
                                       " pimp'n ain't easy "                  :)
Let\'s go wheeling!

4x4x4JK

A royal blue suit and a hat with a feather should do.  MAybe some yellow snake skin shoes too!

naypalm

Anonymous

I like it---Sophia has decided that she is going to be Hannah Montana for Halloween.  How much for your parents to limo her around for trick or treat???? :)

jeepfan1974

Let\'s go wheeling!

Anonymous