Tires and lift?

Started by Yager, October 17, 2007, 10:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

I don't think the wrangler I bought has any mods, short of oversized tires, which I doubt are oversized enough. I'm fixing on doing 31's or 33's. I wont trailer it, and plan to do michigan trails and jamborees, so I need the highway performance. I'm thinking a two inch add-a-leaf that comes with the longer shocks, and larger tires. If I have to, I can do a shackle or body lift to fit them. The real question is, how much will 33's drag on my highway performance (speedometer, gearing, it's a manual), and, can I get them on a 95 wrangler with only a 2" add-a-leaf+shocks?
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Mudviper

You will need atleast a 4" lift on the YJ in order to fit 33's comfortably. 31's should fit with the 2 1/2 lift without any trouble if I remember correctly.

33's will bogg on the highway a bit if you don't regear. You might have to get out and push of you are going up hill...lol.

astrogiblet

I don't know how different a YJ is from a TJ, but if you get a 2" spacer lift on a TJ you can use 33's pretty comfortably.

4" lift with 2" body you can get 35's under a TJ.

-Brandon

Nosilla

Brandon, On a TJ just  2" spacer lift will not fitt 33's good. Maybe for just road use but nothing offroad. Also 4' lift and 2' body lift i think you could do 37's. It would be close though

TechJeeper

hey I just stuffed some 35s under a 4" lift and it fits.... kinda  :lol:

I am going to do a 2" body as well.

NewRide

Keep in mind Brandon that TJ's have coils and YJ's have leafs ;-) I'm running 33's on my YJ and I'm running a 3.5 Black Diamond lift with 1.25 shackle lift. The only thing that rubs is the flares lol, but in doing so I had to get a SYE and I found it was easier and cheaper to just swap out my axles . The new axles have 4.10 gears and I wish I had 4.56 ;-)
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Yager

Thanks. I'll probably do 31's then, I'm not looking to pay out to regear the axles yet.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com