SkyJacker

Started by StingRay66, June 12, 2017, 11:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StingRay66

so when I bought my Jeep some 6 years ago it had a SkyJacker lift kit installed on it. So when I replaced the steering link I bent at Windrock a while back, I bought the 1.25" diameter SkyJacker ($180.00)to replace the stock unit that was  on it.  Well this weekend on DI I hit a rock of some size with the said SJ link and broke it. Today I called SJ and told them what had happened and the rep. said if I was off-roading it was not covered under their warrantee... so I said that's all I need to know and I hung up. 
This little rant is to declare a campaign to tell people who off-road not to buy anything with the SkyJacker brand.

End of rant thank you
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

naypalm

That stinks.... Good to know.

Yellow TJ

You probably should get rid of those springs I gave you, there skyjacker. I can't believe they said that!

LPM606

Another offroad parts company that wants to scold us for using their parts offroad... Unreal! Look into a replacement from BDS - their "no fine print warranty" is the real deal - my after 3-4 years my track bar failed and I called them and they shipped an new one out to Vehicle accessories for me - literally no questions asked... just had to pay shipping of $14.00. 

OzzysCJ

By the way it fractured, seemed a stock one may have held up better.  Broke right at the threads at the joint end.  Sad.  Had one hell-uf-a macGuyver fix to get him out of the rock pile and back to camp.  Too bad we didn't get any picts of the field repair.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Paul Hittie

I wouldn't give up yet - try UORC or Jeeperz Creeperz or Ironman to see if they have a better relationship with a customer servide rep.  No guarantees, but worth a couple of phone calls.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

alan6271

Quote from: LPM606 on June 12, 2017, 04:26:00 PM
Another offroad parts company that wants to scold us for using their parts offroad... Unreal! Look into a replacement from BDS - their "no fine print warranty" is the real deal - my after 3-4 years my track bar failed and I called them and they shipped an new one out to Vehicle accessories for me - literally no questions asked... just had to pay shipping of $14.00.

+1 on that Ed.  BDS ISBAD ASS[/

I was in MOAB and blew a bushing on my BDS control arm.  One of the JKS guys were on the trail with me and said to make sure I come by their tent and he gave me a complete rebuild kit.  Didn't care where I bought it or it I bought it new or used.
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

alan6271

SkyJacker needs to change their name to just "Jacker"
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

alan6271

SkyJackers Warranty:
SKYJACKER®  warrants to the original retail purchaser that its suspension products, shocks, and steering stabilizers are free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as that purchaser owns the vehicle on which such products were originally installed. Suspensions not used in conjunction with SKYJACKER® shock absorbers may void the warranty. Products installed on a vehicle used in any form of competition or racing are not covered by this warranty, and the warranty shall extend only 1 year on commercial vehicles. Warranty on tie rod ends, u-joints, drag links, and such shall not exceed 1 year. Skyjacker's rebuildable rod ends and coil-over shocks, both being made serviceable in design, are not replaced under this warranty, but rebuild kits are offered for a period of 1 year and can be purchased after 1 year.

BDS Warranty:
No Fine Print Warranty

If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.

I guess that sums that up.  Plus BDS is made in Michigan.