TJ/LJ adjustable trackbar

Started by rallykid, August 05, 2009, 01:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

Time to replace my front trackbar again so I thought I would give it a shot here first. Since I seem to find out that someone had what I was looking for 2 days after I buy it, would anyone happen to have an adjustable front trackbar that will fit my '06 LJ with 2.5" lift?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

rallykid

......and a steering stabilizer as that gave up the ghost too.....  ::ouch::

TechJeeper

Quote from: "rallykid"......and a steering stabilizer as that gave up the ghost too.....  ::ouch::

Go see Jason at UORC for that, I bought a bds a couple weeks back, great price and a great quality product.

rallykid

I talked to him this morning about it but J9 said I had to post here first and see if anyone had anything before I spent the $ as everytime I buy something someone here seems to have it in the garage and would have let me have it free or 1/4 the price I paid. The stabilizer I figured I would be buying but I was hoping someone had the trackbar. What sucks is I am probably going to have to pay to get it installed as I don't have the time, all the tools or the extra hands I need to do the front trackbar and rear bracket. Jason quoted me a price of $360 for the trackbar, stabilizer and labor which included installing my rear bracket that I already have.

Not a bad price but money is tight right now. On the other side of that coin is the fact that my drive to work is getting scarier everyday.  :shock: I thought I was going on my lid Tuesday coming home from work.  ::ouch::

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "rallykid"I thought I was going on my lid Tuesday coming home from work.  

I just looked it up, and the experts on the Interweb said that is very bad....
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

rallykid

Quote from: "phittie1100"
Quote from: "rallykid"I thought I was going on my lid Tuesday coming home from work.  

I just looked it up, and the experts on the Interweb said that is very bad....

It has also been known to cause brown stains on the seat. Especially when it happens trying to merge into traffic getting on 69.

94_xj_country

Quote from: "rallykid"......and a steering stabilizer as that gave up the ghost too.....  ::ouch::

if your having having wobbles or steering issues, its likely not actually the steering stabilzer. while that is the cheapest link, a stabilizer isnt really nessecary, it could mask the real problem for a bit, but probably wont fix the issue
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

rallykid

Quote from: "94_xj_country"

if your having having wobbles or steering issues, its likely not actually the steering stabilzer. while that is the cheapest link, a stabilizer isnt really nessecary, it could mask the real problem for a bit, but probably wont fix the issue

Yea, but I pulled the old one off and it was as squishy as a cheap accordian. That already got swapped. Had to wait on the trackbar and fix the heater control unit. Still going to pick one up in the next couple of weeks though.

jeepfan1974

i have the rustys one they have droped the price alot sence i got mine http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.m ... e=SUS_TRAC
Let\'s go wheeling!

TechJeeper

I just picked up a BDS Adj. Trackbar from UORC and this thing is BEEFY!

Also, I just discoverd the cause of my wobble, was none other than a blown out rough country shock....  Not steering stabilizer, yes, that masks the issue lol.