XJ Stuff

Started by Yager, May 27, 2008, 10:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

My XJ suspension is from 1989, my daughter calls it the wiggly jeep. I'm thinking maybe I need springs and shocks. If you've got a cheap lift w/ shocks. It's a 300 dollar car so I'll take what I can get, or whatever. My dream is for 31's. For safety's sake I'll settle for not rolling around corners.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Mudviper

If you want a cheap lift for it, you  can use F150 springs from the junk yard for the front and you can use S10 or Dakota springs for the rear. It will get you about 3.5" of lift , but will be a bit stiff of a ride.

GOT ROCKS

You are about 2 weeks too late.  I just got rid of my XJ that had a 3" lift.

I still have the 31" Pirelli Tires sitting on the Honey Comb rims that were on alot of the XJ's.  There's only about 5K miles on the tires.  I don't have pics but I can get them in a few days.

If you want them let me know via PM.  We can talk about pricing there.

Thanks,
Anthony
RHINO ZJ:
//http://www.rhinozj.com
I <3 my Bacon Pockets!

Yager

I've got the beautiful 89 turbine wheels, so I don't need wheels or tires. I just need the tires I have on the wheels I have. With stock backspacing I'll need the lift to get them on there..

If I use the junkyard stuff, I know I'll need new shocks, what about brake lines, t-case drop, all that crap to prevent prevent death wobble?

Mudviper

I believe I saw somewhere about some place that makes extensions so that you can use your stock shocks. You can also modify the rear shock brackets on the rear axle so that you can use the stock shocks. For a t-case drop, you can either get a drop t-case cross member from Rustys, they run about $100 or a cheap route is to use a stack of washers between the frame and the cross member. I might even have some t-case drop extensions somewhere around my garage. As for break lines, the only one you will need to replace is the rear main line that runs from the frame to the axle. The front lines can be relocated to get you extra length.

As for death wobble, the only real thing you need to worry about that is the front track bar. You can either buy an adjustable one or you can relocate the stock one by moving it about 3/4"

Yager

Wow.. Guess I can count on the XJ guru's to know this stuff eh? I've never extended a brake line, but I think I can figure it out. As for shocks, I'll buy new ones I guess, designed for 3-4 inches of lift. Mine are so old they've got that late 90's nascar sticker on the side autozone or someone was doing there for a while. Like.. hey, these shocks are endorsed by nascar. They'll make your cherokee go faster and turn left more.

Mudviper

If you are going to be at our next meeting, you are more the welcome to take a look at my set up on my XJ to give you an idea what needs to be done

Yager

Sounds great, I'll check it out.