Main Menu

Spacers

Started by Paul Hittie, August 19, 2008, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Anyone have a set of 3/4" or 1" spacers lying around?  Seems like my RE1600 track bar is designed for more lift, but my favorite off road shop didn't know that.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

94_xj_country

i just got rid of some acouple months ago, i beleive the 3/4" spacer are like $30 bucks a pair from rusty's, not sure what the daystar one run
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Nosilla

Quote from: "phittie1100"Anyone have a set of 3/4" or 1" spacers lying around?  Seems like my RE1600 track bar is designed for more lift, but my favorite off road shop didn't know that.

Lets put the proper bend in it then.

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "Nosilla"
Quote from: "phittie1100"Anyone have a set of 3/4" or 1" spacers lying around?  Seems like my RE1600 track bar is designed for more lift, but my favorite off road shop didn't know that.

Lets put the proper bend in it then.

I talked to Kevin about that and he thought that was a choice of last resort.  Without the right equipment there is no way to ensure the ends of the track bar wil be in the same plane when we are done, and coil-sprung vehicles (especially mine with all the front end trouble I have had) don't respond well to changing the geometry of the track back.  Plus, after looking a bit more closely at it, I still think the heim joint and it's mount at the frame end will still hit the diff cover even with a bend.  That "connection" and all of the associated hardware hangs about 3 inches lower than stock.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance