Harlan Day2

Started by LPM606, March 25, 2013, 07:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

Day two was even better than Day 1!  We found saw really awesome Class 4 sections that were, in parts, scary as hell, but fun at the same time...  Here's a few pics, and I will try to link a couple videos as well.

LPM606

gogolen

Awesome! Anyone have to pull cable?

LPM606

We started day two on a trail called "Fly Trap" and we learned the reason it was named that... There was a VERY steep, bumpy hill climb at one point and it looked very do-able I shot up and at the very top there were 2 rock steps (you couldn't see this from the bottom) that you naturally slow down to assess as you approach... The loss of momentum meant you didn't make it (but you would have been crazy to hit those steps at speed on that incline!).  It was WAY too steep, curvy, and bumpy to even consider backing down.  I called on the CB for Mark not to follow me, but he didn't hear it and came up behind me and had to stop.  People got out to anchor him to a tree while he and I held the breaks on our jeeps and then once he was anchored we winched me up the hill then him.  By far the scariest winching situation I have ever been in... We have some pictures, but they just don't do it justice (as inclines never seem to look too bad in pictures).

I got stuck in the creek in one part and needed to be winched about one foot to get out of the hole and was able to drive on from there.

Mark couldn't make it up the hill that I go up on the video and we had to winch him the rest of the way up. 

I think that was about it... not very many opportunities to winch, but the one at the top of Fly Trap was one for the record books!

J's Jeep

You guys are nuts!  Can't believe all of the rocky terrain!
Want to see more pictures and videos.

naypalm

Awesome pics and videos! Reminds me of Drummond Island but with cliffs!