CRACKDOWN IN FEBRUARY 2008 ON SPEEDING TICKETS IN MICHIGAN

Started by ouchman, January 29, 2008, 10:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouchman

CRACKDOWN IN FEBRUARY 2008 ON SPEEDING TICKETS IN MICHIGAN......

Share this news flash with family and friends~

Heads Up, In February, Michigan will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy.

The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers overtime.

There will be 50 state troopers on duty 24/7 patrolling the following highways AND MORE!

I-75 North and South
I-94 From Ann Arbor to Port Huron
Entire length of I-96 & I-696
I-275 North and South
M-10 Lodge Fwy

Now, 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket, and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time.

* Wear your seat belt,
* have nothing hanging from the rear view mirror,
* do the speed limit - use cruise control if you have it,
* no cracks in your windshield,
* use your turn signals!
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

nick_n_ii

thanks for the heads up...
"Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut.."

Major Mud

Yeah, them cops are pricks

Just kiddin' Mitch!!

94_xj_country

i drive every one of those except 96 and 275 everyday at work. and im ussually clocking between 85-95  :lol:
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

astrogiblet

This kinda story has been going around the net for years. Its an Urban Legend:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... frenzy.htm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/speeding.asp

-Brandon

TechJeeper

w00t for driving a Jeep that dosnt even go 65 let alone 75mph!

longarm

Quote from: "ouchman"Now, 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket,  

Actually if an officer wanted to, he/she can write you for 1 mph over and not just 5 mph.  That urban legend is BS.  NOW, MSP has been known on occassion to set up wolf packs in various areas.  I think that this is where this urban legend comes from.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

dbikers

Quote from: "longarm"Actually if an officer wanted to, he/she can write you for 1 mph over and not just 5 mph.  That urban legend is BS.  NOW, MSP has been known on occassion to set up wolf packs in various areas.  I think that this is where this urban legend comes from.

just another reason to hate 'em  ::ouch::
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

longarm

Quote from: "dbikers"
Quote from: "longarm"Actually if an officer wanted to, he/she can write you for 1 mph over and not just 5 mph.  That urban legend is BS.  NOW, MSP has been known on occassion to set up wolf packs in various areas.  I think that this is where this urban legend comes from.

OUCH!  I know ya love me though.   :mrgreen:
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

dbikers

Quote from: "longarm"
Quote from: "dbikers"

OUCH!  I know ya love me though.   :mrgreen:

you betcha!!! ::trout::
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

Yager

Yeah ah.. speeding isn't a problem, cracked windshield, mirrors, tires stick out past fenders.. there's nothing dangling from my mirror, I'm just glad to have an uncracked mirror, wont take any chances with danling crystals or pink dice.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

longarm

Quote from: "Yager"Yeah ah.. speeding isn't a problem, cracked windshield, mirrors, tires stick out past fenders.. there's nothing dangling from my mirror, I'm just glad to have an uncracked mirror, wont take any chances with danling crystals or pink dice.

Tires sticking out past fenders?  Whats wrong with that.  I do believe on most standard Pasanger vehicles it's no more that 96 inches from outside of wheel to outside of wheel.  This is not pennsilvania and thanksfully we have no fender flare laws.  Now, if you have a vehicle that is used for commercial purposes, which should have 3" lettering of the business, then you MUST have tire mud flaps behind your rear tires.

Yager

I must be good to go then. Thanks Longarm.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com