Started by Paul Hittie, December 31, 2008, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Anyone heading up next weekend?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Anonymous

Not I.  My rig isn't finished.

jeepsR4Girls

We will be in PA visting Ed's dad and sister.

4x4x4JK

Not a good weekend for me.

Paul Hittie

You missed a good run.  Good food, good times, well thought-out trails, and 24-30" of snow.  We brought home the coveted "So Stuck" award after demonstrating that we had in fact just barely met the equipment requirements for the run we picked.  Since it included both a cool CNC-milled wood plaque (skull pattern of course) and a Mastercraft 30' yanker rope, it's a badge we were pleased to bring home.  Even my usually-frozen wife had a good time, although I couldn't get her to drive.  

We barely met the equipment requirements for the run we picked, but the trail leaders seemd to think we would be OK and for the most part we were, until a combination of an electrical short and an impassable hill on our second trail left us trying to turn around on a narrow two-track.  I couldn't get turned around and tried to back up several times unsuccessfully.  Afteer our trail sweep and a helper got the only Ranger in our group back to the relative safety of the last bowl we came through, they had to come back an get me after my winch decided not to work.  Once we all got back to the bowl 3 hours after coming through, the Ranger couldn't get started, and another hour was spent trying to get the starter to work.  Despite the down time, we still had a blast.

Anonymous

Glad everyone have fun.  Thanx for the report Paul!!

4x4x4JK

Any pictures?

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "4x4x4JK"Any pictures?

Maybe tonight if I get home in time

Paul Hittie

Lining up out back at the WB Quality Inn

Not a quality pic, but this was one of the photographers from the Swedish 4x4 magazine checking out the rigs in the parking lot

We were #9 in a group of about 14 - tried to keep us in the back and let the others push the snow

Romey in new snow

Me, Gary and Mr. (MrsNewRubi) - never got his name - trying to figure out how to make JR Osborne's winch cable 30' longer.  This was after 2 hours of electrical work and an hour getting us backed up a hill and turned around

You'll not the vertically challenged LJ on the left - other than Gary in his '07 Rubicon and a Ranger on 34s everyone else was sporting 35+" tires.  Gary's dual lockers and fore-and-aft skid plates got him through the snow much easier than me.

This was our second mechanical breakdown of the day - dead starter in the Ranger (another hour)

Jonathon took advantage of the hour break for some FAST sledding down the hill

4x4x4JK

Looks like a good time.